AcuraWatch - Safety First
Driving requires full attention and alertness to maneuver the busy streets of Maple avoiding hazards and eliminating collisions on the road. But let's face facts, we are all guilty of being distracted while driving at one point or another. Regardless of the type of distraction, from our children squabbling in the back to thinking about the work meeting we are running late for, distractions happen.
Acura has set a goal of creating safer roads and collision avoidance by introducing AcuraWatch technology. Maple Acura is proud to represent Acura in the Maple community delivering only the finest technology and support you and your family deserve.
What Is AcuraWatch And Which Acura Models Is AcuraWatch Available In?
AcuraWatch is a suite of safety features that use a combination of radar and cameras to look out for you, aid in a safer commute, and back up your instincts while you drive. These features often include Collision Mitigation Braking System, Forward Collision Warning, Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane Keeping Assist, Blind Spot Monitoring, Rear Cross Traffic Alert and Road Departure Mitigation. Fundamentally these features help to prevent collisions before they happen by warning you if items are too close to the front of your vehicle, braking for you if you are unable to, reminding you to keep a safe following distance, keeping you in your lane, and warning you of obstacles from all angles.
AcuraWatch is available in the following models:
- 2018 and newer model Acura RDX - AcuraWatch Plus Package
- 2018 and newer model Acura TLX - Standard
- 2017 and newer model Acura ILX - AcuraWatch Plus Package
- 2018 and newer model Acura MDX - Standard
- 2018 and newer model Acura RLX - Standard, with Traffic Jam Assist
Become an Acura Owner today and help build collision-free roads in Maple and surrounding communities!
- Forward Collision Warning: FCW is designed to trigger alerts if it determines there is danger of a collision with a vehicle or pedestrian detected ahead.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System: CMBS is designed to apply the brakes when it senses a risk of imminent collision with a vehicle or pedestrian detected in front of the driver.
- Lane Departure Warning: LDW can warn the driver of an unintended departure from a detected lane.
- Lane Keeping Assist System: LKAS can gently correct steering when the driver leaves a detected lane without signaling.
- Road Departure Mitigation: RDM can provide both steering and braking force to help the driver regain control if the vehicle unintentionally beings to leave a marked road.
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Low-Speed Follow: ACC has the ability to keep a set speed and interval from a car detected directly in front of the driver.
- Blind Spot Information (BSI) System: BSI alerts drivers of vehicles detected in their blind spots.
- Cross Traffic Monitor (CTM): CTM monitors the rear corners of the vehicle while reversing and alerts the driver of approaching cross-traffic to help prevent an accident.
- Multi-Angle Rear View Camera: Three views and dynamic guidelines provide an excellent view while reversing.