Frequently Asked Questions
In case of an Accident
If you're ever in an accident, insist that your insurance company authorizes only Genuine Acura Collision Parts. Why? Because Genuine Acura Collision Parts are the only parts which are manufactured to Acura's exact standards for fit, finish & corrosion protection. They're the only parts that are covered by our warranty. & they're the only parts that are guaranteed to perform as only an Acura can.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will my insurance company automatically specify Genuine Acura collision parts? No. Imitation parts may be sufficient for insurance companies because they cost less, but it may compromise the fit, finish & corrosion protection of your Acura.
- Do imitation parts equal the quality of Genuine Acura Collision Parts? No. Imitation parts often do not fit as well as they are not produced using the same high-quality standards as Acura.
- Is there a warranty on Genuine Acura Collision Parts? Yes. Genuine Acura Collision Parts are covered by your vehicle's Replacement Warranty.
- Do I have the right to know? Yes. You have the right to know what replacement parts are being used. Ask for proof that "like kind and quality" parts can equal Genuine Acura Collision Parts. Chances are, they won't.
In the event of an accident
- Stop & exchange information. If there are any injured individuals, notify the police immediately.
- Inspect damage on both vehicles.
- Make a record of the accident, diagram & witnesses.
- Call Acura roadside assistance at 1-800-465-7587.
- Contact your insurance company & make sure to let them know you only want Genuine Acura Parts used on your Acura vehicle.
Also, it helps to know the facts about your insurance. Under no circumstances are you legally obligated to go to the shop your insurance company may suggest. As a vehicle owner, it is your right to choose the collision repair facility that you prefer to repair your Acura. Many Acura dealers have their own body shops & can help you through your repair process.
Genuine Acura Parts
There's Nothing Like The Real Thing
Watch out for terms like "Quality Replacement Parts," "LKQ," or "Genuine Imitation" for Acura vehicles. These are parts that are "similar" to Genuine Acura Parts; however, they are not.
Use Only Genuine Acura Collision Parts
Acura Collision Parts are made to the exact specifications of your Acura vehicle. Every part has been engineered & quality tested to ensure proper fit, finish & durability.
Genuine Acura Collision Parts are covered by your vehicle's Replacement Parts Limited Warranty. In addition, they're covered for the remainder of the new vehicle corrosion warranty, coverage that includes parts & labor. Neither salvage, nor new imitation parts are covered by any warranty program from Honda Canada & their use may nullify the warranty of associated parts & systems.